Thursday, August 4, 2011

Favorite Things: Grace, by B.C. Aronson

 



Once in a while, I like to impart my will on my unsuspecting readers and pressure you to buy something.  By pressure, I mean beg you. I try not to do this often, so that I don't cheapen myself. Oh wait, I think it's too late for that, no?

Anyway, this book is a must read. I mentioned it in my last post, which asked you to take a challenge with me. I got the idea from this book, and I am starting my challenge this weekend, and will report my "findings" (very scientific!) next week.  Why do I feel like this is a great little book? Because I like to try to live with grace every day, and I like to think maybe you're of the same mindset.

Don't get me wrong, it does not always work. I did say "try". Some people just rub me wrong, on the wrong days. But those days are few and far between. In the meantime, I have read some great things to think about in this, and I read a few pages each day as a reminder and to add a new twist to my thinking. Some of my favorites are below:

"It is only when you have both divine grace and human endeavor that you can experience bliss, just as you can enjoy the breeze of a fan only when you have both a fan and the electrical energy to operate it." ~Sri Sathya Sai Baba, Guru

"Always be nice to people on the way up; because you'll meet the same people on the way down." ~Wilson Mizner, Writer

"The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up for the acts of greed in the headlines." ~Charles Kuralt

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

And my personal favorite:

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness." ~ The Dalai Lama

There you have it.  A handful of great reasons to order this book.

GRACE: Quotes & Passages for Heart, Mind and Soul edited by B.C. Aronson.

1 comment:

  1. Rules that i beleive to be of major importance:
    Do until others as you would have them do unto you
    Never judge another until you have walked two Moons in their moccasins
    Treat the Earth well, it was not given to yo by you parents, it was loaned to you by your children

    ReplyDelete