Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This here's an RV....

 


It's tough to get that across without having that Uncle Eddie accent and shiny white leather shoes.  If you don't know who Uncle Eddie is, run, don't walk, to your computer and immediately log onto NetFlix and order National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. You have been seriously sheltered and left out.  

For the rest of you in "the know", I am conjuring up pictures of Uncle Eddie emptying the "shitter" into the street drains and kidnapping Clark's boss. I will not be doing any of those things, but I am indeed becoming the proud owner of this RV:

  

As you may have guessed by my blog title, I'm a bit of a traveler. My life plan until my early 20's was to buy an old pickup, drive until I came across a little town I liked and become a waitress and settle there until I got bored (which would have been about 1.5 weeks) . However, I hit some hurdles. Like the fact that I once dropped an entire tray of extra-large Wendy's sodas after insisting to my entire family that I could do it. After which I'm certain my older sister screeched something like "See! I told you you'd drop them!" Thus, killing my confidence to be a waitress forever. And don't forget my lack of funds, given my tendency to jump jobs and go surf or camp instead. Oh, and then there was that small little happening of getting pregnant with my daughter. And since I couldn't strap her to my uncoordinated, unemployed back while I drove across the country and found a job other than waitressing, I took the responsible route of forcing my children into a weekend gypsy lifestyle. Which is to take long road trips where they MUST look out the window, enjoy nature and in my infamous words, "suck it up". This "suck it up" quote can be applied to being bored, thirsty, hungry or any other complaint. Feel free to use it.

So back to my RV. I'm traveling again this summer, back to beautiful Nebraska with the best friends to see their wonderful family, and then on to Colorado and Wyoming. And at some point, I did the responsible thing and started to budget.  I realized that a group of five (boyfriend, me, my +two and his +one) was kinda pricey. Which is pretty much what my parents have been telling me.... forever.  My small realization that a trailer would be cheaper and a better investment led me to where so many of my musings do... to Craigslist. And here I am, en route tomorrow to pick it up.

So wish me luck tomorrow and look for updates on rv life, the shitter and my future purchase of white patent leather loafers.  Okay, well maybe not the shitter.

5 comments:

  1. You know I love the Uncle Eddie reference, being a Griswald and all (Clarkette). Congrats on this new chapter with you new trailer and all of the new adventures it shall bring, which I am sure to be involved in a few of them!! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not taking your dog Snot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, does this mean the guys at the camp ground are going to miss shower time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me giggle! Can't wait to see you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle...I have also found myself perusing Craigslist for a trailer; it seemed like a good idea, but, then I remembered the price of gasoline. For all the reasons I did not purchase, I have many more that would make me reconsider...like naming car tags while driving, or placing my caravan in a different spot to discover yet another part of my journey...Happy Trails...

    ReplyDelete