Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Red Wine Chocolate Cake

After our crab soup and crusty French bread dinner last night, I decided to continue the decadent streak right through the rest of the night and finish the meal off with a Red Wine Chocolate Cake.  It's another simple recipe, with easy directions and fairly quick to bake (40 minutes).  This was my course before the cake:



You Need:

  • 1 cup Butter

  •  1 1/3 C. Sugar

  • 3 whole Eggs

  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla

  • 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened

  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, Ground

  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder

  • 4 C. Flour

  • 3/4 to 1 C. Red Wine (I used Cab)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Melt the butter in the microwave, then mix it with sugar and eggs. Add all the other ingredients, the order doesn't matter.  I love that kind of recipe. Mix it all together using a stand mixer if possible but a hand mixer will do fine if you mix it for a while longer.

Put the batter in a greased and floured bundt cake pan and bake it 40 – 45 minutes.



Let it cool just long enough to easy come out of the pan. I served it warm, with cinnamon ice cream topped off by Chambord. It was simple and delicious. And as an added bonus, the house smells great. Not so sure about the mix of crab soup and chocolate cake, but somehow it worked!

2 comments:

  1. The main course was terrific, not exactly the soup that I ask for but it was just as good! Two bowls for me and I took what was left. The desert was great full of many complex flavor,sutle and full, not overwhelming, a perfect blend, great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and Red Wine. Two of my favorite things. Mmmmm..... I want!

    ReplyDelete