Friday, June 10, 2011

Some days are just more strange than others. The result of living in fear.

You know, some days you wake up acutely aware of how odd you are. And I mean odd in a good way, but perhaps it dawns on you more one morning. Like today, I woke up with a loose shopping list for the weekend which included fishing wire (I'm not fishing), glue sticks, drill bits, men's underwear (I'm not a man, I assure you), copper pots and a Kitchen Aid mixer if I can find a good sale. And hooks. And sand and a post hole digger, not to be used together. Now, it's more of the "sum of the parts" that makes this list a little off, because there are a few more very peculiar additions.  But I assembled this list at 7am in the garden this morning, as I was feverishly working to pull out the majority of my garden, which sadly IS the weed part. I was in my own little world enjoying a bit of alone time, assembling my shopping and craft supply list when I noticed movement about an inch from my right hand. And lucky me, I got to say good morning to a big old frog in my garden. I don't actually know the difference between a toad and a frog, but this was one of those two, I'm certain.



I can't decide if I like these days or not, but they almost always follow-up a night of terrible, if any, sleep. That would describe my night last night. I lay huddled in my bed, with no arms or legs even thinking about dangling over the edge.  It was so hot that I would've gotten up to open a window, tun up the fan and crank up the air, but I didn't. Because I'm living in fear. Of horrible monsters with big teeth and abnormally high jumping skills. And they have now proven that they outsmart me time and time again. I thought originally THEY were living in MY house, but now it appears that I got that backwards. What are these horrendous, brilliant creatures, you ask? I mean, they'd have to be brilliant to outsmart me. Right? Right. 

FLEAS!  Uhhhh... horrible, terrifying fleas. I don't know how they got here, but I'm going to guess on the back of my big black dog who served as a flea bus. And here they are. Despite 8 (eight, people!!!) flea bombs yesterday, an exterminator and constant vacuuming and carpet powder, they are still here. I got up at 6:30 and vacuumed again, and hopefully they are spiraling downward. Because if not, I'm going to sign my mortgage over to them and let them have the joint.

So there you have it, my long-winded explanation of why my bed served as an island more than a bed last night. My youngest slept with me, he's six and he doesn't get why mommy is acting as if the floor is covered in flesh-eating acid when all he really wants is to get up and go pee.  And all I wanted was sleep, which I didn't get. And when I don't get sleep, I at least get time to be creative!

What does the weekend hold for me? I'll be hitting my local farmers markets, cooking, and blogging about it of course! I got a kick ass new cookbook that I will be sharing about as well. And I will be crafting... it involves eating utensils, fishing line and beads! Stay tuned... I'll be giving one away when they're all done. 

My other strange behavior that I noticed about myself this morning? I wiped my bowl and glass dry today, BEFORE I filled them up with liquid. I mean, why on Earth would I do that? I was having cereal with milk! Why did I feel the need to dry it first? And why do I feel the need to eat my Life cereal as quickly as humanly possible? I cannot stand soggy cereal. Please tell me you have some weird quirks... and then share them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment